#473 | YUGA LABS actual emblematic trials : vs/ Artist Rider Rips and APE Investors class actions
This month for our NFT & law episode, Ingrid Mery Haziot from Avant-garde associés interviewed Enrico Schaefer, Managing Partner and attorney at TraverseLegal....
This month for our NFT & Law episode, Ingrid Mery Haziot from Avant-garde associés interviewed Enrico Schaefer, Managing Partner and attorney at TraverseLegal. He explained to us the different legal cases involving Yuga Labs.
In this podcast, you will find answers to these questions.
1. What’s about? Could you please describe the facts behind the claims ?
2. Freedom of speech and creation ( also our 11 Article DDH): for RR collection, is it a first amendment protected form of artistic protest ?
3. What about copyright issues? The plaintiff did not mention any of them: Are Bored Apes legally protected works of art because there is no registration at copyright office? Can AI-generated pictures be copyrightable ?
4. Is there also a trademark dispute? Is that relevant ? Do you think it could be a turning point ?
B. Investors class action Vs YL and 40 + celebrities ( persons and cie : Madonna, Paris Hilton, Justin Bieber, Snoop Dog and Adidas, MoonPay)
1. Class action is a specific and powerful legal action in the US (but not in France); please explain.
2. YL cofounders and celebrities are engaged to defraud potential investors because they encourage but mislead them.
3. Is that relevant? Could they win the case? Or do you think YL could settle the case?